Various reasons of getting the problems related to teeth are our own lifestyle. Why you experience simple and complex tooth discoloration is due to a lot of issues. With this, your dentist will let you know the preventive and cures to you dull and yellowish teeth. He could elaborate about your daily diet habits as a preventive measure to the further discoloration or erosion of the enamel. Be smart on how to take acidic foods while enjoying other foods you might ignore. Here are some other ways to help you protect the teeth:
- Reduce or avoid drinking carbonated drinks. You can go for other options such as drinking water, milk or tea without sugar added to it
- Minimize the duration where the acidic foods are on the tooth. You might shift the intake of these acidic foods from snacks to regular meals only.
- If you got to consume no other than an acidic drink, sip them with straw as quickly as possible as possible. Do not swish them in the mouth or hold them for longer period of time.
- If you are about to eat acidic let it not stay in your mouth longer and swallow them quickly.
- After high-acid drink and food consumption, rinse your mouth and possibly brush them an hour after.
- Use a soft toothbrush with toothpaste containing fluoride.
- Chew sugar-free chewing gum to help remove the stains on the enamel and remineralize the teeth through saliva production.
- Your cosmetic dentist could also recommend whitening foam or specialized toothpaste and any other products to keep the enamel’s shade.
What does you home teeth whitening kit do to your teeth? Basically they are essential especially right after the in office treatment to maintain the white teeth a longer period. Similarly the abrasive content of toothpaste will keep your teeth off the stains and plaque that might stay on the teeth. Other products such as teeth whitening foam has more abrasive and tend produce a faster result. So you might have them for better results and check this.